Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Goodbye Lanzarote

I found the cheese I wanted in the Hiperdino (the supermarket chain with the smiling dinosaur as a mascot) and quit my room. My flight wasn't until mid-afternoon so I had the whole morning to kill. Where to drive? Teguise again? Ah no, I liked Puerto Calero better. I spent a relaxing hour there sitting in the shade catching the breeze.

I noted that like at Gomera, the fish were plentiful in the waters. A lady came by and tossed breadcrumbs into the water, causing this frenzy. A tour bus turned up at the marina and I took this as a sign that I should make my getaway.

I realised why the rental company was unfussed about the petrol level in the tank. The island is so small that I only managed less than 600 km in 4 days. I parked the car, left the keys and the car park ticket in the boot of the car, as agreed, and proceeded to the check in counter. It was not yet open; we probably had to wait for the arrival of the plane. The airport gets a fair amount of charter traffic as there were 12 departure gates.

The flight left on schedule and by 2015 I was back at the Barcelona residencia. It was too late to get anything from the supermarket due to Monday night hours. I had some Chinese dim sum at a corner eatery that advertised "Chinese tapas". A bit pricey at €6.10 for a har gow, a siu mai and a Taiwanese rice but decent quality. I was too tired to wander Barcelona so I retired for the night after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment